Who we are
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the world's leading full service entertainment, media, and sports agency. We represent many of the most successful professionals working in television, film, music, theatre, video games, sports, and digital content. We also provide a range of strategic and marketing consulting services to corporate clients.
CAA is seeking a data steward to join our Data Management Office within the Product Management team.
As CAA continues to expand its footprint in the sport and entertainment industry and grow globally, we have an increasing need to implement applications supporting our diverse customers - clients, agents, executives, assistants, and business partners. The Product Management team is focused on implementing technology products to drive productivity and effectiveness of our customers. High-quality data is critical to the success of our products and the newly created Data Management Office will be accountable for the company's data quality.
We seek a data steward with great attention to detail. We are looking for individuals who like solving problems and are interested in learning about our diverse business units. We seek a data steward who can learn processes quickly and is keen to identify opportunities for improvement.
As a member of the newly formed Data Management Office in the Product Management team, you will report to the Data Governance Manager, and will focus on maintaining a high level of quality for our master data. Responsibilities will include:
• Create master data associated with the business domains in which CAA operates
• Define the master data required for a process/ system to perform a task and find the right source of data
• Recommend creative solutions to resolve issues in data quality and metrics
• Maintain a backlog of data governance implementation issues pertaining to CAA's master data and support the Product Management team in prioritizing these issues
• Support the definition and implementation of data governance policies, processes and controls to promote quality and compliance for CAA's master data
• Ensure compliance with CAAs data management policies
• Collaborate with the Product Management team and business users to ensure that data related business requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated, understood and followed
• Collaborate with product managers and product owners in business units to rationalize data needs and define authoritative sources of data
• Help embed a data-driven mindset across the organization (e.g., mentor and educate data users on the data management processes and policies)
• Collaborate with other data stewards for sharing/ learning best practices on data governance
You have a minimum of two years of experience in a data management or data analyst role
You are detail-oriented and you can exercise creativity in researching data issues. You have excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
You are results-oriented and work with a sense of urgency. You are assertive, responsible for your work (self-directed) and able to meet deadlines
You enjoy working with business stakeholders across the company and are responsive, courteous and thorough in handling questions and requests from colleagues unfamiliar with data management
You have excellent written and oral communication skills
You have a strong understanding of data modeling practices (SQL and NoSQL)
It is helpful if you have some experience in the sports, media and entertainment fields, but not required
As someone entrusted with sensitive company information, you consistently work to protect CAA's systems and data through your security awareness
Where you Will Work
This position will work remotely but must be able to work typical office hours.
Occasional travel, including company meetings and events, is expected.
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r11pyv-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.