Who We Are
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the leading entertainment and sports agency, with global expertise in filmed and live entertainment, digital media, publishing, sponsorship sales and endorsements, media finance, consumer investing, fashion, trademark licensing, and philanthropy. Distinguished by its culture of collaboration and exceptional client service, CAA's diverse workforce identifies, innovates, and amplifies opportunities for the people and organizations that shape culture and inspire the world. The trailblazer of the agency business, CAA was the first to build a sports business, create an investment bank, launch a venture fund, found technology start-up companies, establish a philanthropic arm, build a business in China, and form a brand marketing services division, among other innovations. Named Most Valuable Sports Agency by Forbes for eight consecutive years, CAA represents more than 2,000 of the world's top athletes in football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, in addition to coaches, on-air broadcasters, and sports personalities and works in the areas of broadcast rights, corporate marketing initiatives, social impact, and sports properties for sales and sponsorship opportunities. Founded in 1975, CAA is headquartered in Los Angeles, and has offices in New York, Nashville, Memphis, Chicago, Miami, London, Munich, Geneva, Stockholm, Shanghai, and Beijing, among other locations globally.
Created in 1995 by the agency's managing partners, CAA's philanthropic arm has become an integral part of its culture. The CAA Foundation harnesses the power and reach of the entertainment industry to create positive social change through forging strategic partnerships, encouraging volunteerism, granting financial contributions, stimulating public awareness, and providing in-kind donations. The Foundation has become a leader in the entertainment community on education, the environment, health, and social issues.
By approaching the business of philanthropy on many levels, Foundation Executives serve as strategic partners and advisors in aiding colleagues and clients across the agency as they build thoughtful pro-social and philanthropic activities and engagements. We work to ensure that our clients leverage their time, talent and resources to have a direct impact on causes and issues they care most about. We activate the agencies network to lead industry-wide initiatives in the areas of education, civics, climate, and crisis response.
• Advise high-profile entertainment, sports, and corporate clients on defining their pro-social and charitable issue areas.
• Research, develop, propose and implement philanthropic strategies and campaigns in line with client's passions.
• Focus on working with writers, directors, and showrunners on partnering with nonprofits organizations to generate authentic storylines in content.
• Liaise with internal agent teams, managers, and publicists to integrate opportunities into client businesses.
• Conduct research and analysis in support of client issue areas and interests.
• Develop and maintain relationships and communicate daily with internal teams in support of new agency business.
• Support and provide thought-leadership for company and industry-wide initiatives, such as ''I am a voter,'' ''Full Story Initiative.''
• Cultivate and maintain high-level relationships with non-profit organizations with local, national and global reach.
• Keep up on social responsibility trends and conduct extensive research on new foundations and non-profit organizations.
• Serve as a resource for agency employees interested in developing their personal pro-social and charitable activities.
• 10+ years of experience working with non-profits, media and entertainment, and/or talent relations.
• Experience managing large-scale campaigns and initiatives.
• Minimum BA/BS from an accredited University or College required.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Excellent customer service, writing, research and communication skills.
• Past experience working with talent required with the ability to maintain a strict level of confidentiality when dealing with high profile clients.
• Entertainment and sports pop culture interest and knowledge required.
• Must be detail-oriented and extremely organized.
• Must be adept at problem solving and able to quickly adjust to new priorities and circumstances.
• Flexible schedule to allow for travel for events and meeting.
This person will be based in the Los Angeles office Monday - Thursday, with the flexibility to work remotely on Friday.
The annual base salary for this position is in the range of $150,000 - 190,000.
This position also is eligible for benefits and discretionary bonus. Ultimately, the salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, business sector, and geographic location, among other criteria. Please talk with a CAA Recruiter to learn more.
The Company also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws with regard to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities.
CAA maintains a fully-vaccinated environment, for the safety and health of employees and guests, to the extent allowed by local law. Where permitted, all CAA employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any waiting periods) and provide approved documentation when: 1) working in or visiting any CAA office; 2) attending any CAA company events, whether in the office or not; or 3) meeting with clients at any location. CAA also expects that all employees will take responsibility for maintaining optimal vaccine levels; for instance, this may include receiving boosters for which they are eligible. If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or a religious belief, CAA will consider your accommodation request. The Company's policies in this regard may be updated from time to time, as pandemic/endemic conditions and local laws evolve.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r00w3j-18-232-179-5-42 in your application.