Who We Are
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the leading entertainment and sports agency, with global expertise in filmed and live entertainment, digital media, publishing, sponsorship sales and endorsements, media finance, consumer investing, fashion, trademark licensing, and philanthropy. Distinguished by its culture of collaboration and exceptional client service, CAA's diverse workforce identifies, innovates, and amplifies opportunities for the people and organizations that shape culture and inspire the world. The trailblazer of the agency business, CAA was the first to build a sports business, create an investment bank, launch a venture fund, found technology start-up companies, establish a philanthropic arm, build a business in China, and form a brand marketing services division, among other innovations. Named Most Valuable Sports Agency by Forbes for eight consecutive years, CAA represents more than 2,000 of the world's top athletes in football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, in addition to coaches, on-air broadcasters, and sports personalities and works in the areas of broadcast rights, corporate marketing initiatives, social impact, and sports properties for sales and sponsorship opportunities. Founded in 1975, CAA is headquartered in Los Angeles, and has offices in New York, Nashville, Memphis, Chicago, Miami, London, Munich, Geneva, Stockholm, Shanghai, and Beijing, among other locations globally.
CAA is seeking an Associate based in Los Angeles for a unique and highly visible position at the company, focused on identifying and evaluating areas of growth and diversification for CAA, as well as developing plans to achieve sustained and balanced growth across the organization. The candidate will join a nimble group of professionals with backgrounds in media & technology, growth strategy and innovation, investment banking, and private equity, who serve as in-house advisors to CAA's executive leadership. The candidate will be responsible for identifying high-potential opportunities based on signals (''what is trending'') and theses (''what do we believe will happen in a specific market). The candidate will gain meaningful exposure to a wide array of projects across different sectors of the media and entertainment industry. The ideal candidate will excel at analyzing industries and businesses, developing strategic frameworks, analyzing data, building relationships, and executing projects.
Role & Responsibilities
• Perform industry, market, and company-specific research and analysis; assess industry trends, market size and structure, industry M&A activity, and competitive landscape
• Analyze large amounts of information and data quickly and effectively to reduce complexity and make actionable recommendations
• Develop a deep understanding of and be a company-wide thought-leader on market trends and emerging technologies
• Maintain and evolve a robust pipeline of potential growth opportunity areas for CAA
• Steer cross-functional projects and build consensus with senior leadership across the organization, to aid in the development, assessment, and execution of growth strategies
• Conduct ad hoc analyses and presentations for senior leadership
• Perform other critical tasks as directed
• Bachelor's degree from a top-tier university
• 2+ years of work experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, corporate development, or similar roles (preferably with direct experience in the media, entertainment, or sports sectors)
• Interest in the media, entertainment and sports industries and a passion to learn
• Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
• Independent thinker with a point of view on the risks and rewards of new growth opportunities and strategic initiatives
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Attention to detail in all deliverables
• Strong work ethic with a high level of responsiveness
• Ability to manage deadlines with a high level of responsibility and autonomy
CAA maintains a fully-vaccinated environment, for the safety and health of employees and guests, to the extent allowed by local law. Where permitted, all CAA employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any waiting periods) and provide approved documentation when: 1) working in or visiting any CAA office; 2) attending any CAA company events, whether in the office or not; or 3) meeting with clients at any location. CAA also expects that all employees will take responsibility for maintaining optimal vaccine levels; for instance, this may include receiving boosters for which they are eligible. If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or a religious belief, CAA will consider your accommodation request. The Company's policies in this regard may be updated from time to time, as pandemic/endemic conditions and local laws evolve.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rojy56-44-210-237-158-42 in your application.