Strategic Development / Mergers & Acquisitions Executive
Los Angeles, CA
Who We Are
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the leading entertainment and sports agency, with global expertise in filmed and live entertainment, digital media, publishing, sponsorship sales and endorsements, media finance, consumer investing, fashion, trademark licensing, and philanthropy. Distinguished by its culture of collaboration and exceptional client service, CAA's diverse workforce identifies, innovates, and amplifies opportunities for the people and organizations that shape culture and inspire the world. The trailblazer of the agency business, CAA was the first to build a sports business, create an investment bank, launch a venture fund, found technology start-up companies, establish a philanthropic arm, build a business in China, and form a brand marketing services division, among other innovations. Named Most Valuable Sports Agency by Forbes for eight consecutive years, CAA represents more than 2,000 of the world's top athletes in football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, in addition to coaches, on-air broadcasters, and sports personalities and works in the areas of broadcast rights, corporate marketing initiatives, social impact, and sports properties for sales and sponsorship opportunities. Founded in 1975, CAA is headquartered in Los Angeles, and has offices in New York, Nashville, Memphis, Chicago, Miami, London, Munich, Geneva, Stockholm, Shanghai, and Beijing, among other locations globally.
This role will support a senior executive who covers select growth opportunities on behalf of CAA; investments, web3, client business building strategies.
• Engagement with existing clients/investments and the development and analysis of strategic initiatives for those entities, including the establishment, capitalization, and growth of consumer-facing businesses and brands around client areas of interest
• Identification, assessment, and potential execution of new business development opportunities
• Evaluation of equity-based deals across the commercial landscape, including the enhancement of client endorsement and licensing partnerships to maximize long-term opportunity
• Market analysis on new business opportunities and sectors for clients, leveraging CAA's existing data and intelligence offering
• Presentation of investment and strategic partnership opportunities
• Financial analysis, due diligence, and execution of investment and strategic partnership opportunities in the consumer, media, entertainment, and sports sectors
• Supporting the Connect Ventures and web3 teams, as needed, with analysis and diligence
• College education at a top-tier university; significant coursework in finance, business, or similar fields is preferable
• 1-2 years of experience in a consulting, corporate strategy, investment banking, or similar role (preferably with some direct experience in the consumer, media, entertainment, or sports sectors)
• Basic understanding of the web3 and NFT landscape, with desire to learn and gain a deeper understanding
• Interest in the consumer, media, entertainment, and sports industry and passion to learn
• Top-notch work ethic and attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including relevant experience with Microsoft PowerPoint and Word
• Strong analytical skills and business judgment, including relevant experience in financial modeling and Excel
• Positive attitude and creative problem-solving mentality
• Ability to excel as part of a team
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
CAA maintains a fully-vaccinated environment, for the safety and health of employees and guests, to the extent allowed by local law. Where permitted, all CAA employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any waiting periods) and provide approved documentation when: 1) working in or visiting any CAA office; 2) attending any CAA company events, whether in the office or not; or 3) meeting with clients at any location. CAA also expects that all employees will take responsibility for maintaining optimal vaccine levels; for instance, this may include receiving boosters for which they are eligible. If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or a religious belief, CAA will consider your accommodation request. The Company's policies in this regard may be updated from time to time, as pandemic/endemic conditions and local laws evolve.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re5qb5-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.
Creative Artists Agency (CAA), is the world’s leading full service entertainment, media, and sports agency. We represent many of the most successful professionals working in television, film, music, theatre, video games, sports, and digital content.