Trust Accounting Associate - Motion Pictures
CAA is seeking an experienced Accounting Manager with a combination of technical and operational accounting skills to expand CAA's Finance and Accounting team and participate in our dynamic growth. Based in Irvine, CA this position will be focused on the day-to-day operations and tactical accounting responsibilities with an emphasis on timely completion to assist company executives with financial decision-making.
• Provide oversight of the company's general ledger and monthly close process, including monthly, quarterly, and year-end close procedures for both domestic and international divisions.
• Prepare and review journal entries and supporting documentation in accordance with GAAP.
• Complete and review account reconciliations of balance sheet accounts.
• Maintain financial schedules and ledgers in compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Complete data analysis of company's balance sheet and income statement.
• Provide mentoring, coaching and supervision to CAA's accounting department.
• Support the completion of financial statement audits.
• Assist in the development and improvement of accounting processes, as well as compliance with new accounting standards.
• Assist with the implementation of financial controls and processes.
• This position may require occasional travel to CAA's Corporate Office in Los Angeles, CA or other locations.
• Assist with special projects and ad-hoc requests, as necessary.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business with an emphasis in Accounting, or a related field.
• 6-8 years accounting experience.
• Public accounting experience a plus.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license required.
• Previous experience as an accounting supervisor or manager required.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Proven ability to manage multiple priorities, complex projects and meet deadlines.
• Experience managing processes and projects that involve collaborating with teams across the organization.
• Previous experience utilizing financial management software packages: MS Dynamics AX preferred, but not required.
• Excellent computer skills; experience in accounting software, Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced Excel skills.
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7qbv9-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.
Creative Artists Agency (CAA), is the world’s leading full service entertainment, media, and sports agency. We represent many of the most successful professionals working in television, film, music, theatre, video games, sports, and digital content.