Account Manager (Talent & Influencer Marketing)
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the leading entertainment and sports agency, with global expertise in filmed and live entertainment, digital media, publishing, sponsorship sales and endorsements, media finance, consumer investing, fashion, trademark licensing, and philanthropy. Distinguished by its culture of collaboration and exceptional client service, CAA's diverse workforce identifies, innovates, and amplifies opportunities for the people and organisations that shape culture and inspire the world. The trailblazer of the agency business, CAA was the first to build a sports business, create an investment bank, launch a venture fund, found technology start-up companies, establish a philanthropic arm, build a business in China, and form a brand marketing services division, among other innovations.
Named Most Valuable Sports Agency by Forbes for eight consecutive years, CAA represents more than 2,000 of the world's top athletes in football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, in addition to coaches, on-air broadcasters, and sports personalities and works in the areas of broadcast rights, corporate marketing initiatives, social impact, and sports properties for sales and sponsorship opportunities. Founded in 1975, CAA is headquartered in Los Angeles, and has offices in New York, Nashville, Memphis, Chicago, Miami, London, Munich, Geneva, Stockholm, Shanghai, and Beijing, among other locations globally.
Within CAA Brand Consulting we have 200+ specialists working with over 40 leading brands. Our vision is to be the strategic partner for brands in helping them solve their biggest challenges. Our services range from analytics & insights, strategy & planning, creative, communications, experiential and content. In London our clients include the likes of Volvo, Allianz, Salesforce, Gulf Oil, Bybit and Getir.
There is also a unique culture within CAA; for a global agency it has a small agency feel, with a great sense of teamwork, ambition, empowerment and entrepreneurialism.
Our London office is hiring an Account Manager to join our Talent & Influencer team to take a leading role on several high-profile sport & entertainment brands within the agency.
We are looking for candidates who have their finger on the pulse of popular culture with deep experience, relationships in, and understanding of sports, entertainment and lifestyle talent and influencers.
The individual must be proficient in developing and delivering talent and influencers campaigns across a range of disciplines to ensure projects run smoothly, efficiently and hit the client's objectives.
This is an exciting and dynamic role to be part of growing team working across several client accounts. The ideal candidate will have a knowledge and passion for culture, talent and influencers, and a track record of end-to-end management of talent and influencer campaigns.
Main Responsibilities to include, but limited to:
• Develop, manage and refine end to end talent and influencer campaigns for clients including curating talent, contract negotiation, relationship management, campaign planning, content delivery, budget planning and measurement
• Build, nurture and grow long term relationships with agencies, talent, and influencers
• Collaborate with client account teams and cross functional teams to build talent and influencer strategy delivering on client KPIs
• Develop creative, distribution and marketing plans for talent and influencer activations
• Write talent and influencer briefs
• Show a strong understanding of measurement and reporting providing continued ROI and business impact
• Be a thought leader and champion of talent and influencers both internally and externally
• Attend industry networking events
• Flexible to travel both in the UK and abroad
• Experience managing talent and influencer campaigns across the UK and Europe
• Strong existing network of talent and influencer relationships and understanding of intricacies working with talent and influencers
• Innovative thinker and solution orientated
• Confident presenter with ability to communicate effectively to both external and internal stakeholders
• Team player with the ability to work autonomously as required
• Be creative and proactive in surfacing new opportunities
• Social media enthusiast with a working knowledge of key platforms with an eye on developing platforms
• Able to compile, analyse and interpret data across campaign development, management and optimisation
• Best in class client servicing, account handling and project management
• Strong organisation and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
CAA maintains a fully-vaccinated environment, for the safety and health of employees and guests, to the extent allowed by local law. Where permitted, all CAA employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any waiting periods) and provide approved documentation when: 1) working in or visiting any CAA office; 2) attending any CAA company events, whether in the office or not; or 3) meeting with clients at any location. CAA also expects that all employees will take responsibility for maintaining optimal vaccine levels; for instance, this may include receiving boosters for which they are eligible. If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or a religious belief, CAA will consider your accommodation request. The Company's policies in this regard may be updated from time to time, as pandemic/endemic conditions and local laws evolve.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9xy69-3-238-199-4-42 in your application.