Video Researcher (project-based)
BuzzFeed is looking for a curious, detail-oriented Freelance Video Research Associate to work full time doing in-depth research on a variety of subjects to help our Video Producers make awesome video content.
The ideal candidate will be able to research and organize information on any topic. The candidate is comfortable in an autonomous environment and will see an assignment through from start to finish, no matter how large or small the task. From the library to the depths of the internet, they are willing and able to find the facts we need
• Create in-depth research documentation on a variety of subjects
• Help condense sometimes difficult concepts into useable information / scripts for Video Producers
• Write scripts and fact-check pre-written scripts based on available research online
• Work on tight deadlines and communicate with team to make deliverables
• Act as an informational resource for Video Producers
• Must have strong writing skills
• Experience in writing research papers
• An insatiable passion and curiosity for research and the world in general
• Strong attention to detail, regarding both research and grammar
• Ability to learn quickly; comfortable adapting to sudden changes
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, in small teams or independently
• Ability to prioritize and juggle a multitude of tasks
• A strong writing and editorial voice to help shape concepts
• A passion for creative storytelling and digital media
• Must be comfortable researching true crime cases that deal with heavy topics like murder
• Experience and comfort searching with Google and using Google Docs
• Experience using Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Tumblr, Vimeo, and Reddit
• No haters!
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6zobj-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.