Video Editor, About To Eat (project-based)
BuzzFeed is looking for a creative Video Editor to join our Post-Production team in a project-based capacity on Buzzfeed's newest channel: About to Eat. We're looking for experienced story editors who are passionate about food-based video content.
Example of storytelling style requested:
• Partner with Creative Producers and Post-Production team to create About To Eat video content
• End-to-end edit multiple videos and formats for the About To Eat channel
• Quickly assemble first cuts for story notes
• Implement changes to video edits given creative feedback and direction
• Experiment with different versions of an edit, exploring multiple directions if needed
• Maintain project organization and follow internal SOPs for project naming conventions
• 3+ years experience working in a professional environment on digital content
• Advanced knowledge of Mac OS and Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder and After Effects and 3rd party software
• Experience with codecs, image types, resolutions frame rates as they pertain to digital media trends
• Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines and deliverables
• Experience with simple motion GFX or static GFX (title cards, lower thirds) preferred
• Balance and grade color, and mix and level audio within Adobe Premiere or related software
• Advanced knowledge of Post-Production and Production process and equipment
• Working Knowledge of changing social and digital video platform landscape
• Emphasis on organization and attention to detail
• Proactive, positive team player, able to help guide projects from ingest to delivery
• Passionate about telling stories highlighting food, culture, and people
• Fluency in multiple languages is a plus
• Experience in cutting content for a major digital brand
Send us your Reel!
• Share 3-5 samples of work that you've edited or your current reel.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.