BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
About BuzzFeed Unsolved Network
The BuzzFeed Unsolved Network is your one-stop destination for all things mystery, true crime, conspiracy, supernatural, and everything in between, including the hit series BuzzFeed Unsolved: Supernatural, BuzzFeed Unsolved: True Crime, & much more.
About BuzzFeed Motion Pictures (BFMP)
BuzzFeed Motion Pictures is one of the largest original content creators in the online video space, with 1.5 billion+ monthly views across all platforms. BFMP employs over 200 people across it's Hollywood based editorial and branded video teams.
BuzzFeed is searching for an experienced Supervising Producer to oversee production and people for the team of Producers working on the BuzzFeed Unsolved Network. Your role will report to the Executive Producer and will partner with teams across production to ensure the creative quality and output expectations for the team. A successful candidate will have experience and a passion for true crime, supernatural mysteries, story telling, digital formats, and loves thinking outside the box.
• Manage a team of freelance and full time producers
• Provide creative feedback and notes on all projects going on the Unsolved Network.
• Work with various teams to help support the producers on the team
• Create space for brainstorming sessions and
• Responsible for tracking producers timecards
• Oversee multiple ongoing projects and find creative ways to remove roadblocks
• Maintain regular communication with Executive Producer, Publishing lead, and Production teams to coordinate timely delivery of videos, project files, etc
• Provide creative feedback on projects to bring videos to the next level
• Work with Production and Post to oversee all projects from pre-production to package
• Be in touch with Producers ambitions and provide feedback and advice on their career growth
• Applicants should only apply if they have 5+ yrs. experience with web/digital content and at least 2-3+ years of management experience.
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder and After Effects
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Understands the fundamentals of the pre-production to post workflow
• Technical understanding of filmmaking mise en scène / lighting / focal lengths / exposure / shutter speed / setting audio levels / color correction / etc
• Technical understanding of editing techniques pacing / JL cuts / beats / scenes / etc
• Candidates must provide sample work via web viewing links
• An Ideal candidate has...
• Familiarity with what goes viral on YouTube
• Drive for making high quality content
• Passion for working in a team environment
• Deep understanding of illustrations and visual storytelling
• Finds fulfilment in the success of your team
• A deep curiosity with mysteries and the supernatural
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d87p26-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.