Coordinator, Broadcast Distribution & Marketing
Los Angeles, CA
BuzzFeed is seeking a Coordinator to support the Talent Partnerships team - one of BuzzFeed's strategic growth areas that runs BuzzFeed's Talent Residency program and BuzzFeed's Creators Program. The Talent Residency is a program for aspiring on-camera personalities, TikTok/Reel-ers and YouTubers with a passion for viral storytelling and content creation that feeds into our overall Creators strategy - one of BuzzFeed's key revenue and content drivers. The Creators Program is a critical accelerator for BuzzFeed's advertising business as well as an exclusive growth opportunity for internal employees and external talent partners looking to venture into personal content creation and social media presence.The ideal candidate is organized and a great communicator. We are looking for someone who is comfortable navigating established processes, and introducing new methods of information sharing, data tracking and pushing the team towards established goals. It is important this team member knows social, and why certain content goes viral: where did it take off, what makes it special, and why it's worth sharing. This candidate picks up on trends early, and is always on top of the next big thing.This is a full-time salaried position in our Los Angeles office. We offer competitive compensation and a stock option program.
• Work alongside innovators in the talent space, partner with experts from the video production organization, and help support our Creators and Talent Partnership strategy for partners at TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, and Twitch to develop and strengthen the curriculum of the 3 - 9 month program Residency Program
• Work with the larger Talent Partnerships teams to help recruit and run the Creators Program
• Manage the residency program and internal tracking system to measure program success and coordinate Resident casting requests and brainstorms
• Manage Resident's day-to-day scheduling needs and general program communication
• Work alongside dedicated social strategist to develop social content plans across BuzzFeed accounts and platforms
• Participate in Video team brainstorms & schedule Resident-focused brainstorms
• Coordinate & develop monthly Residency Curriculum
• Manage weekly agendas and company updates
• Have a solution-oriented attitude! This program is always evolving and needs to be reactive to Video Org requirements.
• Support the team with the Creators Program, including monthly newsletters, talent invoicing, partnering with our Creator Producer to surface trends & content opportunities, creating decks and marketing materials and External Creator appearance tracking
• Think outside of the box and approach initiatives with an open mind, and be willing to communicate and pull the plug when something isn't working
• Willing to take on stretch assignments and come up with your own exciting projects with a positive attitude
• You will collaborate with strategists and content creators across the company and will be expected to treat pitches and critiques with respect and consideration
• 1+ years of experience with digital media and social platforms
• Understanding of the digital landscape and a proven interest in keeping up to date with developments in social media platforms & emerging talent
• A self-starter, who can create and act on ideas independently
• Flexibility in a fast-past and high-growth initiative
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.