Social Media Rights Manager
Los Angeles, CA
BuzzFeed is seeking a Social Media Strategist to focus on video publishing strategy for some of BuzzFeed's most beloved brands including across YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. This position will use data to inform decisions and will collaborate closely with operations and video producers to ensure that our content is being released in the most optimal way across all video platforms.
The ideal candidate is obsessed with both publishers and content creators particularly on YouTube as well as other platforms and would be able to understand and summarize how and why certain videos blow up - where did they take off, what makes them special, why are they worth sharing?
The ideal candidate is able to navigate a fast-paced and dynamic work environment with efficiency and maturity. We're looking for a rockstar who is naturally organized and detail-oriented, enthusiastic about social media and all things BuzzFeed - someone who is a data-obsessed self-starter with excellent judgement and communication skills.
This is a full-time salaried position in our Los Angeles office. We offer competitive compensation and a stock option program.
• Plan, implement, schedule, publish and analyze video and distributed content releases and schedules across multiple YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts (BuzzFeedVideo, Cocoa Butter, and BuzzFeed Unsolved Network)
• Completely and wholly owns their initiatives from a publishing point-of-view; has all the answers and if they don't, they will own finding the answer.
• Establishes a consultative relationship with stakeholders, including executives.
• Monitor discussions, posts, and comments across multiple social media channels.
• Acts as an advisor for new initiatives; a respected thought leader to help teams throughout the company crack new content areas and formats.
• Has the foresight to anticipate issues in workflow or content performance and present manager with possible actionable solutions. Able to think outside the day-to-day to find creative scalable solutions (i.e.: work smarter not harder).
• Use knowledge of online video to present our videos in the most shareable way, helping them to have the biggest reach and impact
• 1-3 years of experience online writing/editing/curating on the web
• Understanding of the digital landscape and a proven interest in keeping up to date with developments in web platforms and applications
• Deep enthusiasm for experimenting with content and strategy to optimize for key metrics
• Knowledge of the online video ecosystem
• Previous experience working in social for Black identity content/accounts is a plus
• Native YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Reddit user
• Deep understanding of how titling and thumbnails can affect a video's performance
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Must have excellent writing skills
• Responds to a fluctuating workload with a positive attitude and is always ready to tackle new challenges!
• Ability to handle multiple priorities - a tireless work ethic never hurts!
• No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position. We'd also like you to share 3-5 links to videos posted on any BuzzFeed YouTube channel (published within the last year) that you think did really well and explain why.
• Provide links to your social media accounts or personal blog
• Attach a resume
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.