Media Relations Assistant
New York, NY
Social Media Coordinator, Commerce (project-based)
BuzzFeed is looking for a Freelance Social Coordinator to join our social media team to focus on our commerce channels. This is a three-month contract with the opportunity to extend.
We're looking for someone with a passion for growing social platforms to manage our shopping content channels across TikTok and Instagram. You will work closely with the Affiliate Video team to manage all publishing and contribute to the content strategy for our newly launched commerce channels. You will also help manage cross-company affiliate link generation and tracking. The ideal candidate is a digital native with a deep understanding of what makes content shareable and an obsession for cracking the Next Big Thing on the internet. This role reports to the Lead Social Media Strategist.
Please Note: We are currently working remotely but expect to eventually return to our offices when it is safe to do so, likely in the fall.
• Work with the Affiliate Video Team to create a social publishing strategy to grow our new shortform shopping pages
• Own our new shopping pages with a focus on volume and conversion, finding ways to deliver new content to our audience on a regular basis and encourage purchasing
• Publish shortform content across social platforms, finding opportunities to partner with other social teams to increase our team's impact
• Manage link generation for our producers as well as external video teams, ensuring all videos have appropriate linking, closely tracking conversions and distilling earnings trends.
• Identify trending products and formats that the team can utilize in their content
• Brainstorm and pitch opportunities for original affiliate videos
• Create unique, fun ideas for social content with the potential to go viral
• Analyze and track performance data and surface team wins
• Identify when an area of focus isn't working and pivot
• Support social team in service of larger strategic needs when opportunities arise
• 1-2 years experience working with social media
• A thorough understanding of the Instagram and TikTok platforms and why content goes viral
• Basic editing skills and understanding of Premiere or Final Cut
• Excellent organizational, multitasking and communication skills
• The ability to work independently while remaining an excellent collaborator
• A positive and curious disposition and a genuine love for and excitement about social media
• A passion for metrics and the competitive instinct to ideate on your own success
• Interest and/or background in working with products and review content
• No formal cover letters, please. Instead of a cover letter, please explain what your favorite BuzzFeed social page, handle or channel is and why. Please also identify 1-2 product-focused videos that performed well anywhere on Instagram or TikTok, and why you think they did well.
• Provide links to your public social media accounts and portfolio
• Attach a resume!
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5k577-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.