BuzzFeed is looking for a Fellow to join our Los Angeles Prod Tech team. This is a 3 month program where Trainees will learn how to support BuzzFeed video workflows. This role will explore both areas of production technology support: hardware support and software support. This is a paid fellowship. Participants in the program will be among the first to be considered for future freelance roles at BuzzFeed for Prod Tech.
• Attend training sessions for each area of focus within the Production Technology team.
• Physical Equipment
• Software Workflow Integration
• Technical Support
• Archiving Workflow
• Automation System Deployment
• Adhere to the planned curriculum assigned by your manager.
• Archive video projects, troubleshooting issues as they appear at the end of the video pipeline.
• Perform quality assurance on project archives received by producers.
• Troubleshoot common users' video and computer issues as they are received using industry standard tools like Zendesk.
• Research and recommend potential workarounds for less common issues.
• Build simple if-this-then-that workflows for notifications and form responses using tools like Zapier.
• Troubleshoot common issues that occur with automations.
• Assist larger team initiatives that require equipment inventory and data entry.
• Research, design, and demo one Fellow Project that uses software or tech to improve a BuzzFeed workflow.
• A strong eye for detail and organization
• Familiarity with the Adobe video tools, specifically Premiere or After Effects
• Experience with Google Docs and Sheets
• Good communication skills and open to receiving feedback
• At least 1-2 years of experience working in Post-Production or Production
• Knowledgeable of social media formats and digital video platforms
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj2021-35-171-146-141-42 in your application.