Video Editor, Tasty
Los Angeles, CA
Post Production Coordinator (project-based)
BuzzFeed is the world's leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
This is a project-based, freelance position with a project rate of $300/day.
• Collaborate with Post Production Supervisors to oversee daily tasks and resources
• Track and manage Post Production schedules
• Oversee Post Production process on multiple projects
• Ensure all assets are delivered on time and to spec
• Verify legal clearances and platform standards are upheld
• Quality Control for all final assets
• Organize Post Production comms across departments
• Facilitate communication between Creative Producers and Video Editors
• Identify problem areas quickly and pose creative solutions
• Manage administrative paperwork for (NDAs, POs, and freelance timecards)
• Successfully complete daily tasks, while keeping the bigger picture in mind
• Bachelor's degree in Film, Communication or related field
• At least 3-5 years experience working in the digital space
• Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines and deliverables
• Working knowledge of Post Production and Production process and equipment
• Proficient in Project Management tools (Float and Airtable are a plus!)
• Familiarity with codecs, image types, resolutions, frame rates as they pertain to digital media trends
• Experience with Mac OS and Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder and After Effects
• Willingness to learn and evolve within a team environment
• Inspired to learn more about the technical side of Post Production
• Emphasis on organization and attention to detail
• Proactive, and Positive team player
• Ability to guide projects from end to end independently
• Knowledgeable of current social media and digital video platforms
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.