HuffPost is looking for a political correspondent to join our UK edition to cover the day's most compelling political stories.
The ideal candidate will come with an impressive contacts book and have a proven record of breaking stories that cut-through the noise of Westminster.
Although primarily working from the House of Commons, you will be a key part of HuffPost's mission to take our journalism beyond Westminster and focus on issues that really matter to our readers across the UK.
This role is suited to a highly motivated self-starter with a hunger for political news who is comfortable working both independently and collaboratively.
You'll be able to articulate the bigger picture, yet capable of tackling the detail, as well picking up breaking news, and spotting quirky or offbeat stories that others miss.
The candidate will be motivated by HuffPost's editorial mission and have confidence and experience in evaluating sources and framing stories that fit the highest journalistic standards.
• Break stories and write exclusives that create impact
• Cover breaking news with flair and originality
• Contribute to HuffPost UK's weekly politics podcast
• Serve as a political commentator for HuffPost UK in the media
• Contribute coverage ideas for upcoming political events
• 4+ years' experience in political or news journalism highly desirable
• Demonstrated experience within digital news journalism
• Ability to leverage traditional reporting skills with digital tools and data
• Experience working in breaking news and/or political news
• Excellent writing and editing skills and a strong understanding of media law
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv1jm7-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.