Media Archivist (project-based)
The BuzzFeed Production Technology Team is looking for a Media Archivist to join our team. You will create media logs, cue sheets, process archives, maintain, and conform multiple types of projects. BuzzFeed produces a wide scope of diverse content, ranging from short form social media content to BuzzFeed episodic shows. Ability to work effectively and efficiently over video chat and emails is essential!
Please be aware that this is a hybrid role with the potential for both in-office and remote work. We ask that you have a stable internet connection due to the nature of the job.
10mbps - Minimum Recommended Speed
You will be reporting to the Post Production Technology Supervisor along with the Archiving Team.
This is a Freelance position, with the possibility to extend to the end of Q4 2021.
• Process daily project archives including file transfers, renaming assets and reconnecting media.
• Manage archiving library databases by labeling, adjusting, and creating redundant final projects/assets.
• Retrieve and distribute assets in our vault archive and generate additional exports upon request.
• Maintain accurate documentation, procedures and records for the workflow system.
• Assist the Production Technology Team with ongoing daily management of digital assets, hard drives, and Shared Storage/NAS systems.
• Research and recommend potential workarounds for workflow issues.
• Aid in the development of Archiving Workflow through AWS/Cloud Storage.
• Working knowledge of Post-Production processes
• A strong eye for detail and organization
• 2+ Years of Premiere Pro Experience (Editing, Media Management, Encoding)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Office Suite or Airtable
• Knowledge of digital media including codecs, image types, resolutions, frame rates
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Media Encoder and After Effects
• Knowledge of data management through Local or Network Attached Storage
• Knowledge of Cloud Based Storages (AWS Preferred)
• Assistant Editor experience a plus
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22jyy-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.