New York, NY
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
Stock Plan Administrator will be responsible for administration of the Company's equity programs. This position will be the primary contact for all issues relating to the equity plans, procedures, individual grants and exercises. This position is a member of the Corporate Finance team and will work closely with Compensation and Benefits as well as the Financial Reporting and Legal teams.
• Manage all aspects of the Company's stock plans, including processing of grants, exercises, releases, etc.
• Prepare quarterly, annual and ad hoc reports for Finance, HR, Legal and Payroll as needed.
• Reconcile Equity Edge balances to transfer agent reserves; update Legal and HR regularly.
• Manage vendor relationships, including transfer agent and captive broker.
• Manage and respond to employee questions, communications regarding stock plans/Carta accounts, stock vesting schedules, the options exercise process, plan eligibility rules and general employee education.
• Assist new hires receiving stock grants, options or other long term equity incentive during the onboarding process, including the update of the stock plan database
• Provide support for quarterly and annual audits and interface with internal and external auditors.
• Remain current on market, legal and ''best practice'' trends associated with equity programs.
• Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent experience
Experience with Carta or E*Trade is strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of SEC and tax regulations related to equity compensation plans. CEP preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years related stock plan administration experience required at a public company; preferably a company with international operations and total employees in excess of 500.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d871z9-3-236-28-137-42 in your application.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.