GFX Artist (Project Based)
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
• Work alongside Editors + the Creative teams to generate graphics such as (but not limited to) motion graphics, title design, mogrt/templatization, animation, illustration, rotoscoping, compositing, and UI design
• Generate custom elements for assigned projects
• Lend expertise and assist with GFX heavy videos
• Occasional pre-production consultations
• Collaborate with Creative teams to create Graphic Specific Content
• Work with Post Ops to organize and maintain GFX SOPs across multiple departments
• Build and maintain varying GFX templates / mogrts for multiple BuzzFeed projects
• Work with Post Coordinators to set timelines + expectations for requested assets
• Work with Art Desk to maintain standards for assets across the Company
• Identify problem areas quickly and pose creative solutions
• Flag and communicate any watch outs with shoots and scope of creative
• Effectively handle a variety of note passes and graphic changes
• 3+ years GFX experience delivering high quality assets in a professional environment
• Link to a portfolio, reel, or to recent work samples.
• Excellent communication, positive attitude for a variety of different projects
• Strong time management skills
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite as well as 3rd party software including but not limited to:
• After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop, Encoder, Premiere Pro
• Element + Associated Plug Ins
• Red Giant
• Professional Experience and ability to complete the following with high production quality:
• Title design & animation
• UI Design and custom animation
• Advanced knowledge of Post Production workflows, codecs, image types, resolutions, frame rates as they pertain to digital media trends, including Post-Production and Production equipment
• Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines and deliverables
• Emphasis on organization and attention to detail
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
At BuzzFeed, we want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current US employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1pj4e-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.