HuffPost is looking for an ambitious editor to publish stories, follow news, and write headlines on our widely read mobile app and front page. HuffPost's front page updates constantly and features a diverse range of stories from across the publication. This is not a typical front-page editing job: HuffPost front page editors are expected to set the news agenda, become involved in story assignment, send alerts and post on social media.
• Find stories that should lead the site, and contribute ideas for how to present them
• Determine what's most interesting and important about a story and use strong writing skills to capture the story's essence in a headline and push notification
• Conceive and select the most compelling images to accompany stories on the front page
• Identify stories that need to be on the front page and coordinate with reporters and assignment editors
• Write or edit quick, clean first versions of breaking news stories
• Have rock-solid news judgment; know when a story matters, when it doesn't - and why
• Be passionate news junkies, and obsessively follow the news
• Know how to write a headline that will get people talking
• Be comfortable in a fast-paced, creatively demanding work environment that requires meticulous attention to detail
• Have a keen sense for how to make news compelling using images, headlines, and other publishing elements
• Be knowledgeable about the content and headlines typically featured on HuffPost's front page
• Have 4+ years experience in online journalism, strong writing skills, eagerness to learn and take risks
This position is in the WGA-E bargaining unit.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vmwx-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.