Equipment Coordinator (project-based)
BuzzFeed is looking for an Equipment Coordinator to join our Los Angeles Production Technology team. BuzzFeed produces a wide scope of diverse content, ranging from short form social media content to BuzzFeed episodic shows. This role will be integral in the smooth day-to-day operation of our equipment inventory, which includes managing orders and discussing build options with producers of varying experience.
• Provide friendly, helpful day-to-day support to our content producers for their equipment needs.
• Assemble orders for check-out and prep them for pickup/delivery using equipment check-out/check-in system.
• Receive returns and restock shelves to rebuild inventory.
• Assess equipment and gear for function and working quality.
• Answering simple questions from users regarding equipment recommendations.
• Escalate any equipment damage or policy infractions to the Equipment Lead.
• Perform simple repairs on cameras, lighting, and grip equipment as necessary.
• Package and ship equipment orders to producer's residences or the BuzzFeed New York office.
• Implement new policy decisions as directed by the Equipment Lead.
• 1+ years experience of on-set grip, gaff, camera, or sound experience
• Prefer 1+ years experience in an equipment rental house
• Familiarity with camera, lenses & other production gear
• Ability to work in a high pressure, fast paced production environment
• Exhibit polished and timely written/verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and with a team
• Equipment service/maintenance experience a plus
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb74py-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.