New York, NY
Director, Project-Based Food Series (project-based)
BuzzFeed Video is looking for a project-based director to bring their creative and technical skills to our editorial video team. We are looking for a smart, skilled, passionate self-starter that can work seamlessly with the various departments working on an established mini series.
This is a freelance position, based in BuzzFeed's NY office. The Director will work with the in-house creative team and the production team to execute a mini series of an established BuzzFeed food show
• Collaborate with the Executive Producer and Production Team.
• Attend virtual tech scout, pre-pro meeting, and prep day in addition to shoot days.
• Collaborate with Executive Producer on shot list and creative execution of the show.
• Collaborate with the creative team and DP on gear needs from our in house equipment inventory.
• Follow all COVID-19 safety precautions.
• Lead creative direction at pace that aligns within limits of shooting schedule.
• Guide direction of talent's recipe ideation and execution.
• Work with DP to create a visual style that aligns with past seasons.
• Work with 1st AC to make sure Media Logs are properly filled out and submitted with the footage.
• Work with production to keep set moving and make our shoot days while keeping culinary needs/timing in mind.
• Complete Edit Blueprints detailing creative notes from set for Post production handoff.
• 2+ years experience directing digital videos.
• Experience with digital food content, ideally with a comedic tone.
• Experience directing talent and working with a DP in the digital space.
• Experience troubleshooting creative solutions if on set limitations or changes arise.
• Solid understanding of the technical aspects of camera & lighting.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy7m4p-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.