Sr. Client Partner
London, United Kingdom
HuffPost is looking for a deputy political editor to join our UK edition to cover the day's most compelling political stories.
The ideal candidate will come with an impressive contacts book and have a proven record of breaking stories that cut-through the noise of Westminster.
Although primarily working from the House of Commons, you will be a key part of HuffPost's mission to take our journalism beyond the Westminster bubble, and focus on issues that really matter to our readers across all of the UK.
This role is suited to a highly motivated self-starter with a hunger for political news who is comfortable working both independently and collaboratively with the wider newsroom.
You'll be able to articulate the bigger picture, yet capable of tackling the detail, as well picking up breaking news, and spotting quirky or offbeat stories that others miss.
The candidate will be motivated by HuffPost's editorial mission and have confidence and experience in evaluating sources and framing stories that fit the highest journalistic standards.
• Break stories and write exclusives that create impact
• Contributing to HuffPost UK's weekly politics podcast
• Cover breaking news with flair and originality
• Serve as a political commentator for HuffPost UK in the media
• Contribute coverage ideas for upcoming political events
• Proven experience working in political or news journalism
• Ability to leverage traditional reporting skills with digital tools and data
• Experience working in breaking news and digital journalism
• Excellent writing and editing skills and a strong understanding of media law
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d93m44-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.