Associate Editor, Trending News
New York, NY
Celebrity News Writer (project-based)
BuzzFeed is looking for a contracted writer to work with our team working weekdays and/or weekends. You will take assignments from our Celebrity Strategy Leads and turn around stories as quickly as possible. You have experience sourcing, pitching, and writing about timely stories. You follow everyone from Lil Nas X to Lana Condor - not to mention up and coming stars - and have a willingness to obsessively cover them.
This is a three-month contract-based position and available to start immediately. This is a remote position. Residents of California, Colorado, Connecticut, DC, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Washington are encouraged to apply.
• Write assignments from BuzzFeed's Celebrity Strategy Leads and execute them quickly
• Create and produce ideas for content based on news of the day, including evergreen content when necessary
• Attend brainstorms and contribute to team goals
• Work weekdays and/or weekends
• Ability to cover a wide range of topics including music, TV, film, fashion, beauty, sports, etc.
• The ability to find unique angles for major news stories
• Experience writing about sensitive topics, as well as content for BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and other diverse communities
• Experience writing Celebrity and other trending news stories preferred
• Experience vetting and sourcing photos a plus
• Experience interviewing celebrity talent a plus
• Experience with SEO a plus
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.