Tech / Data Operator
Moving Picture Company
Los Angeles, CA
BuzzFeed Unsolved Network Producer (Project-Based)
BuzzFeed is searching for an experienced project-based Producer to create unique and engaging social videos for the Mystery, History, and True Crime channel, BuzzFeed Unsolved Network. You will report to the Executive Producer for the channel and work with a team of other producers to brainstorm ideas, and work with the production team to take the idea from development to final cut. There are BuzzFeed studios in LA that may be utilized if the production size meets the COVID safety requirements. A successful candidate will have experience and a passion for narrative content, digital formats and loves thinking outside the box.
This will start as a project based role with the possibility of becoming a longer term engagement. We offer a $1500 flat rate per video, for roughly 40 hours of work. Ideally, you will be based in New York or LA; however, we are open to considering producers who are based in other locations.
• Ideate and pitch ideas to a group of peers and stakeholders
• Take a video through development / pre-production
• Work with various teams for booking casting / equipment / research / etc
• Direct talent and run point during production with lightweight crew or solo
• Ensure that video/image/sound quality meet requirements
• Responsible for organizing footage and other various tasks related to production
• Maintain several ongoing projects at once
• Maintain regular communication with Executive Producer and Line Producers to coordinate timely delivery of videos, project files, etc
• Use various stock image and music databases to find additional assets
• Create simple GFX/Titles or work with internal art team to create assets
• Edit video using BuzzFeed Unsolved Network's style guide and take rounds of notes from peers and Executive Producer for final sign off
• Applicants should only apply if they have 2+ yrs. experience with editing web/digital content.
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder and After Effects
• Looking for Producers with a thorough knowledge producing content end-to-end including:
• Familiarity with what goes viral on YouTube
• Pre-production / Development
• Vetting Cast and giving Direction
• Technical understanding of filmmaking mise en scène / lighting / focal lengths / exposure / shutter speed / setting audio levels / etc
• Technical understanding of editing techniques pacing / JL cuts / beats / etc
• Premiere Multicam workflows
• Organizing footage and Assembly
• Motion graphics
• Audio mixing
• Color correcting
• Making final HD deliverables
• Converting, transcoding and compressing files
• Knowledge of tapeless workflows
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Candidates must provide sample work via web viewing links
BuzzFeed is the social news and entertainment company. BuzzFeed provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment and video across the social web to its global audience of 200M.
About BuzzFeed Unsolved Network
The BuzzFeed Unsolved Network is your one-stop destination for all things mystery, true crime, conspiracy, supernatural, and everything in between, including the hit series BuzzFeed Unsolved: Supernatural, BuzzFeed Unsolved: True Crime, & much more.
About BuzzFeed Motion Pictures (BFMP)
BuzzFeed Motion Pictures is one of the largest original content creators in the online video space, with 1.5 billion+ monthly views across all platforms. BFMP employs over 200 people across it's Hollywood based editorial and branded video teams.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.