Social Media Editor
New York, NY
BuzzFeed is looking for a newsletter strategist and editor who can contribute to the editorial and business operations of BuzzFeed-owned brands.
The ideal candidate will be expected to develop a clear and consistent brand voice for BuzzFeed-owned branded newsletters as well as execute on acquisition and revenue growth strategies.
• Manage email operations for BuzzFeed-owned newsletters, including execution of sponsored packages and project management of various newsletter initiatives in the pipeline
• Follow newsletter team's best practices and meet our editorial standards by tailoring brand voice and messaging to fit various targeted newsletter personas
• Work cross-functionally to increase revenue across BuzzFeed-owned branded newsletters through ideation, vendor management, and other strategic initiatives
• Minimum of two to three years of experience working in any of the following: digital media, content strategy & copywriting, audience development, newsletters, and / or programmatic sales
• Ability to copywrite and tailor messaging, in an entertaining and descriptive way, that's authentic to the voice of BuzzFeed-owned brands
• Comfort with numbers, plus ability to leverage data to deduce trends, make recommendations, and lead insight-driven growth
• Previous experience with affiliate and / or Sailthru is a big plus!
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.