New York, NY
We're looking for an Associate Product Specialist, Tech Partnerships to join our team based in New York. As an Associate Product Specialist on the Tech Partnerships team at BuzzFeed you'll have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects, managing end-to-end development partnerships for BuzzFeed and our clients.
The Associate Product Specialist, Tech Partnerships acts as the voice of Tech, and is the main point of contact between the Tech team and our account (advertising + commerce) teams when a client deal requires a tech execution.
You'll work closely with a team of designers and engineers to brainstorm and execute on partner projects. You'll help define, scope, and manage projects that are requested from our Sales team, while also working with the Partnerships team to proactively define and build new products for our partners. On this fast-paced team, you'll have the opportunity to partner with many other teams, both within the tech organization and the business organization.
• Acting as a liaison between Tech and other departments within the company for client partnerships that require custom tech executions.
• Leveraging the expertise and knowledge of internal teams, or external vendors if needed, to deliver a successful result on time and on budget.
• Triaging inbound requests from commerce and sales teams.
• Representing the voice of Tech for internal teams as they develop pitches / new business opportunities - evolving creative concepts into a clear set of deliverables.
• Supporting account team in scoping work, sizing effort and assigning a cost.
• Identifying resources needed to execute on signed work by engaging an internal team and/or external vendors.
• Developing and managing project plans and timelines
• Project managing teams and/or vendors to execute on client work (task prioritization, backlog management, etc.)
• Providing frequent updates to all internal and client-side stakeholders on the progress of development efforts.
• Establishing client meeting schedules, managing agendas, and managing meetings (internal + external) to keep teams on task and focused and follows each meeting with clear notes and next steps.
• You are solution-oriented, with the ability to process and offer solutions quickly.
• You have a high ''say/do'' ratio. Things you say you will do, get done.
• You are comfortable collaborating with people across multiple disciplines like engineering, product and design, as well as with other departments across the company like sales, product strategy and commerce.
• You are comfortable working with clients and vendors.
• You are good at assessing opportunity and risk and being able to articulate each clearly.
• You are comfortable soliciting and providing direct and impactful feedback.
• You are comfortable with starting, stopping, and pausing project work based on changing priorities.
• You are someone who loves to juggle multiple things at once, and you don't drop the ball.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.