BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is looking for an agile, self-starter to join a growing affiliate team.
The ideal candidate will be able to manage a diverse suite of ongoing projects, communicate fluidly with client partners, lead with a solutions-driven mindset and have a strong attention to detail.
As the Associate Director of Affiliate, you will be responsible for overseeing the full paid and organic affiliate partnership pipeline, supporting sales leads in building out partner correspondence and strategies, ensuring all affiliate managers and supporting teams are operating fluidly and that all business touchpoints are pacing strongly towards team quarterly and annual goals.
This position will be based in our New York office.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for paid affiliate strategies and program management
• Work alongside sales team leads to help build and maintain optimal sales pipelines
• Partner closely with the BuzzFeed affiliate and editorial teams to identify areas for optimization, new paid placements opportunities, emerging partners of interest
• Manage a team of affiliate account managers who are uniquely focused on pre-sale, post-sale and organic affiliate optimization strategies
• Oversee an on-going editorial paid production schedule and troubleshooting performance for underperforming partners with post-sale affiliate managers
• Leverage historical program insights to identify new paid placement opportunities and areas of growth both within and outside of our affiliate program
• Leading affiliate sales calls and enducating sales team on external partner communications for affiliate campaigns - including but not limited to partner program strategy and pre-sale negotiations
• Collaborate with internal editorial, tech, business and sales team members to brainstorm, plan and execute multi-faceted partnerships and optimizations for our affiliate program
• Work closely with affiliate and sales team leads to curate forecast and prospect lists for new partnerships, targets, and seasonal initiatives
• 6+ years of general working experience with 3+ of those years having been in a client-facing managerial role
• A strong track record of internal and external relationship building, empathetic and tactful leadership and serial accomplishments in high-growth working environments
• Experience within a cross-functional role that touches several of the following - affiliate, retail management, e-commerce management, consumer acquisition, merchandising, PR and/or editorial strategy.
• Familiarity with financial forecast modeling and operations for growth and retention-based business functions
• Have an expansive knowledge of media, publishing or e-commerce industries with application to publisher e-commerce business objectives; an ability to layer that knowledge to produce meaningful insights, counsel and planning for our partners' business objectives
• A history with executing successful collaborations across internal and external teams, with the purpose of achieving either client or internal business goals
• A consistent ability to multitask and work on complex, production extensive programs with proven success of driving new client acquisition, retention and growth
A history of critical thinking with an ability to tackle unique programs and projects with a positive and problem solving mindset
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6p7j8-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.