Content Accountant - Studio Licensing
Los Angeles, CA
BRON is a worldwide media and entertainment company committed to furthering the art and craft of meaningful commercial storytelling. Focused on the strategic development, production and financing of original live-action and animated features, television and digital media content, BRON has been instrumental in more than 90 productions and has built a robust slate of upcoming projects across all platforms. Founded in 2010 by Aaron L. Gilbert and Brenda Gilbert, BRON Studios is headquartered in Vancouver, with offices in Los Angeles, New York and Toronto.
About the role
Reporting to COO of BRON Studios, the Vice President – Deal Analysis, Modeling and Financial Analysis will have direct contact with most of BRON's senior leaders and will serve as one of BRON's primary points of contact with bankers and have an active role with film financiers.
This permanent position is based in Los Angeles, but currently remote due to COVID-19.
• Build and maintain intricate financial models for new film/TV projects
• Analyze, model and assist in structuring distribution deals for film & TV
• Forecast revenue and P/L for all Film and TV projects
• Develop comp sets on projects
• Conduct analysis on studio co-fi deals
• Create and maintain film & television ultimates
• Manage and track film and TV receipts, statements, and ultimates
• Manage and maintain credit facility including tracking monthly loan balances, generating borrowing base certificates, production declarations, liquidity certificates, covenant tests, etc.
• Analyze independent film financing and production opportunities using international pre-sales and soft money with bank debt to calculate equity needs
• Create and maintain studio distribution models for purposes of assessing co-fi opportunities with the ability to calculate multiple financier and talent participations
• Create ultimates for all titles and track vs statements; create and maintain annual slate model with a cash flow component, and track actual vs forecasted cash flow
• Analyze a variety of debt and financing structures
• Generate loan structures for credit facility financing
• Coordinate and update weekly production reports and tracking
• Create investor reports for monthly reporting
• Conduct deal analysis on distribution deals related to Film & TV
• Create business plans and greenlight analysis for all film and TV projects including financial model, sales and distribution strategy, etc.
• Assist in due diligence process with potential outside investors
• Liaise with financiers to help explain revenue distribution models
• Drive and implement new processes to improve efficiencies as needed
• Create various databases, tracking spreadsheets, and reports for various parties
• Manage ad-hoc projects
• Analyze business development and investment opportunities across new technologies and platforms
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of experience in a Deal Analysis or Financial Planning capacity within film and a TV and/or experience in investment banking or management/strategic consulting.
The candidate will also have many of the following experiences, skills, and personal attributes:
• Undergraduate degree required, MBA preferred
• Minimum of 3 years experience in film and television finance, economics, and valuation or a sound understanding of the film, TV and/or media markets
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, including significant financial modeling experience
• Strong Excel skills
• Impeccable attention to detail
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• A ''roll up the sleeves,'' action-oriented approach, with a strong sense of urgency
• Ability to handle multiple tasks under deadlines
• Ability to perform in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
• A strong interest in film and TV content and a desire for a long-term career within the media industry
• An entrepreneurial mindset
BRON is a worldwide media and entertainment company committed to furthering the art and craft of meaningful commercial storytelling. Focused on the strategic development, production and financing of original live-action and animated features, television and digital media content, BRON has been instrumental in more than 90 productions and has built a robust slate of upcoming projects across all platforms.