UI/UX Designer (Unreal Engine)
We Are BRON
BRON Media is a global media company with two main operating subsidiaries – BRON Studios and BRON Digital. it's all about CONTENT. Founded in 2010, BRON has been part of over 120 productions that have achieved tremendous commercial and critical acclaim including an outstanding 38 Academy Award® nominations and 6 wins. BRON Studios houses the scripted and non-scripted film and television units. BRON Digital, has built a virtual production pipeline, with artists located across the globe, utilizing Epic Games 'Unreal Engine' technology, creating animated and interactive gaming content and immersive digital worlds.
The Goal Ahead
BRON's Interactive division is looking for a UI/UX designer to join the game development team on the ground floor, and contribute ideas to help shape our games.
This position is fixed-term (6 months with possibility for extension based on project needs) and fully remote, yet candidates must be based and be able to legally work in either USA, Canada or New Zealand.
What You'll Be Doing
• Establish and assist in developing the overall UX and UI aesthetic from concept to execution for BRON's first video game
• Conceptualize and create intuitive wireframes, user flows, UI layouts, interactive prototypes, and mockups
• Create, export and, integrate UI assets into Unreal Engine
• Collaborate closely with game development team members to implement and iterate on interactive menus, interfaces, and HUDs in-engine
• Manage and expand the design system for UI assets
• Evangelize, research, and promote user-centered design practices and principles in meetings and presentations with stakeholders, and teams across disciplines
• Contribute and develop original ideas on all aspects of game production and development
• Proactively schedule own time as necessary, notify leads in advance of upcoming roadblocks and challenges
What You'll Bring
• Ability to create and implement concepts from wireframes to shippable art with minimal support
• Minimum 2 years as a graphic designer, UX designer, UI designer or similar experience
• Ability to show examples of your work as it relates to mobile games
• Proven experience with Unreal Engine 4+
• Proven experience using Unreal's blueprint system and Unreal Motion Graphics (UMG)
• Experience with version control software, preferably Perforce
• A strong passion for video game development
• Can effectively and rapidly prototype ideas in Unreal, Adobe Suite, commonly utilized UI/UX tools such as Figma
• Effective communicator and collaborator with developers, designers and leads from other disciplines
• Strong visual portfolio related to games or interactive experiences
• Strong knowledge/proficiency of Figma, Photoshop, and Illustrator
What We Offer
• Become a part of a highly creative, motivated, humble team that learns and grows together
• A flexible work environment, as we understand the importance of work-life balance
• 5-minute walk from skytrain
• Company-wide virtual social events such as cooking classes and jeopardy
• A dog-friendly office
• Spacious staff lounge with a pool table
• A fully equipped kitchen to store your lunch
• A fancy machine for various espresso drinks to reload on caffeine throughout the day
• 7 heath days per year (prorated per any partial year, and/or contract length)
• Paid holiday closure between Christmas and New Year
• Competitive compensation package, including Extended Health Benefits and Employee Family Assistance Program
At BRON, we strive to build a diverse, inclusive, and supportive work environment, so if you're passionate about this role, we encourage you to apply and join our diverse creative team.
Please note that while only qualified candidates will be contacted, our Talent team will do their best to send updates about the stage of your application.
Our BRON Talent Team will always use our company domain emails to contact candidates and will never redirect candidates to third-party text messaging platforms to communicate with you.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roz752-3-238-250-73-42 in your application.