We are seeking a Senior Rigger to join our Rigging Department.
Role & Responsibilities
• Build, test, and maintain rigs for various types of assets (Characters, Props and Sets) under the supervision of the Line Producer and working collaboratively with Modelers and Animators.
• Deliver clean production rigs.
• Provide clean skin and deformer weighting to satisfy the production's required articulation standard.
• Ability to work efficiently and adapt within the existing and changing workflows in Production and Pipe workflows.
• Provide additional custom deformer solutions and corrective model sculpts as required.
• Execute rigging efficiently by maintaining a fair level of scripting knowledge (Python, Mel) and understanding the rigging pipeline.
• Run body, crowd, or muscle simulations.
• Troubleshoot pipeline issues for animation under direction.
• Participate in reviews and department meetings.
• Mentor other members of the rigging team.
• Contribute/develop tools, rig-modules, workflow and plugins for the department.
• Tests and trouble shoots animation controls and makes adjustments as necessary throughout the production cycle.
• Communicate with the studios rigging supervisor on concerns and production issues ahead of time.
• Actively research and study innovative ways of rigging to produce light and user-friendly rigs.
• Expert knowledge of Autodesk Maya is required
• Minimum five (5) years of rigging experience
• Experience delivering complete tasks under tight deadlines
• Knowledge of (Python, MEL) to understand the inside of the rigging pipeline and execute rigging efficiently
• Experience in assets and shotwork
• Knowledge of anatomy, cloth and hair simulation
• Basic knowledge/skill in other disciplines - modeling, texture, TD, animation
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong problem solving skills
• Good communication skills
• Experience with Mudbox, Zbrush is a plus
• Knowledge in nCloth, nHair, xGen or
other simulation systems is an asset
• Experience with the Unreal Engine is an asset
• Confidence or interest in facial blendshape sculpting for facial rigging is an asset
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy7xyp-34-229-64-28-42 in your application.
BRON is a worldwide media and entertainment company committed to furthering the art and craft of meaningful commercial storytelling. Focused on the strategic development, production and financing of original live-action and animated features, television and digital media content, BRON has been instrumental in more than 90 productions and has built a robust slate of upcoming projects across all platforms.