Remote / Virtual
We are seeking a Lead Rigger to join our Rigging Department.
Role & Responsibilities
• Build, test, and maintain rigs for various types of assets (Characters, Props and Sets) under the supervision of the Line Producer and working collaboratively with Modelers and Animators.
• Deliver clean production rigs.
• Provide clean skin and deformer weighting to satisfy the production's required articulation standard.
• Ability to work efficiently and adapt within the existing and changing workflows in Production and Pipe workflows.
• Provide additional custom deformer solutions and corrective model sculpts as required.
• Execute rigging efficiently by maintaining a fair level of scripting knowledge (Python, Mel) and understanding the rigging pipeline.
• Run body, crowd, or muscle simulations.
• Troubleshoot pipeline issues for animation under direction.
• Participate in reviews and department meetings.
• Experience as Maya rigger for assets in digital animation, visual effects, games, commercials.
• Knowledge of (Python, MEL) to understand the inside of the rigging pipeline and execute rigging efficiently.
• Experience with Mudbox, Zbrush is a plus.
• Experience with the Unreal Engine is a plus.
• Experience in assets and shotwork.
• Knowledge of anatomy, cloth and hair simulation.
• Basic knowledge/skill in other disciplines - modeling, texture, TD, animation.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Good communication skills.
BRON is a worldwide media and entertainment company committed to furthering the art and craft of meaningful commercial storytelling. Focused on the strategic development, production and financing of original live-action and animated features, television and digital media content, BRON has been instrumental in more than 90 productions and has built a robust slate of upcoming projects across all platforms.