Minor League Strength & Conditioning Coordinator
Boston Red Sox
Fort Myers, FL
The Strength and Conditioning department at the Boston Red Sox is focused on building physically resilient and explosive baseball players through programs rooted in individuality, specificity, and progression. We ultimately seek to reduce injury risk and improve physical output metrics to promote player availability, development, and production.
The Assistant Minor League Strength and Conditioning Coordinator plays a pivotal role in the success of our Player Development Department by assisting in the oversight of the design, implementation and execution of comprehensive strength and conditioning systems. This position holds a leadership role, assisting in the management and supervision of our Minor League Strength and Conditioning Staff at all developmental levels across Player Development. A strong emphasis on a collaborative, multidisciplinary approach is essential, as this role requires integration with various disciplines, departments and sub-departments within the organization. The Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coordinator will uphold our commitment to an evidence-based and data supported approach, balancing the performance, injury prevention and game preparation needs of our players.
As the Red Sox continue to build a team capable of being the standard in player and staff development, we are looking for candidates who are organized with uncompromising attention to detail, inquisitive, intellectually curious, data-driven, and open minded. Due to the nature of the role, the candidate must also possess strong interpersonal, communication, and teamwork/leadership skills.
• S&C Departmental Leadership:
• Assist in the development of a comprehensive strength and conditioning road map, built on best practices and innovation, that provides players with the requisite preparation and training to achieve on-field success at every level of the organization.
• Assist in the hiring of new full time staff members within the department and provide support in the hiring of seasonal S&C employees.
• Responsible for onboarding, evaluation, development, and leadership of new and existing staff.
• Assist in the staff evaluation/development process designed to target areas of individual growth.
• Support offseason departmental development.
• Player Assessment, Reporting, and Programming:
• Assist in the development and implementation of evidence-based, data supported S&C programs for the Minor League Players.
• Collaborate with the Major League S&C Staff, Minor League Performance Staff and other relevant departments to ensure a holistic approach to player development.
• Collaborate with the entire Sport Performance Team by leveraging current technologies and methods to assess player mobility, stability, strength, power output and conditioning levels.
• Support the implementation of a communication system to inform skill coaches of movement limitations/player readiness.
• Monitor and analyze performance metrics to continually refine and improve training strategies.
• Exploratory Research and Project Management:
• Stay up to date with the latest developments in Strength and Conditioning to ensure best practices are integrated into program design.
• Explore advances in kinesiology and exercise physiology to devise new research questions/project ideas.
• Explore, recommend, and implement special projects.
• Collaborate with Amateur Scouting Staff/Sports Science to oversee the Amateur Athleticism Project.
• Interdepartmental Collaboration:
• Build and maintain strong collaborative relationships across Player Development as well as with the MLB strength and conditioning staff.
• Collaborate with skill coaches on movement screen testing and results.
• Articulate S&C health and performance strategies across the various disciplines of Player Development.
• CSCS and RSCC Certifications.
• CPR with AED and First Aid.
• Demonstrated experience working effectively with high performance athletes. Experience with baseball or softball is a plus.
• Experience with athlete testing, performance monitoring, and utilizing performance data to drive performance plans.
• Experience working as a contributing member of an interdisciplinary performance team.
• Expectation of travel includes periodic trips to affiliates and the Dominican Academy throughout the year, with travel to pre-season and post season programs as assigned.
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination based on race, religious creed, color, sex, age, national origin, handicap, disability, military/veteran status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or protected genetic information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmyb8m-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.