New York, NY
The person in this position will provide daily breaks to receptionist and switchboard operator, and fill in as the receptionist or switchboard operator should the position be open that day
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
• • Provide daily morning, lunch, and afternoon breaks to receptionist and switchboard operator.
• Complete Workspeed requests.
• Interface with 7WTC building management staff and security.
• Fill in as the receptionist or switchboard operator should the position be open that day.
• Answer incoming calls, determine purpose of callers and forward calls to appropriate personnel and department.
• Use Microsoft Word for letters and memos, and Excel for spreadsheets.
• Create Excel spreadsheets for reporting and budgetary purposes.
• Interface via phone and in-person with all New York office employees regarding General Services questions.
• Maintain accurate records; filing; copying.
• Provide assistance to the department when a new project or emergency arises.
• Sort and pack cleaning supplies (not labor intensive) for semi-annual clean-up days.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Regular attendance.
• Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Minimum 2 – 3 years experience in an office environment. Prior experience as a receptionist/switchboard operator required, preferably 3 years or more.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills.
• Proven record of excellent attendance and punctuality.
• Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
• Ability to learn information regarding the company, its history or other information that the general public may request.
• PC knowledge.
At least 2 years experience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6nyp8-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.
We are BMI (Broadcast Music, Inc.), a global leader in music rights management, serving as an advocate for the value of music.