New York, NY
POSITION SUMMARY: Operate PBX or multiline telephone system to answer incoming calls and direct callers to appropriate personnel. Assist other BMI Departments with special projects.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
• Retrieve messages from voice mail and forward to appropriate personnel.
• Answer incoming telephone calls, determine purpose of callers and forward calls to appropriate personnel or department.
• Take and deliver messages or transfer calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
• Answer questions about organization and provide callers with address, directions and other information.
• Welcome on-site visitors, determine nature of business and announce visitors to appropriate personnel.
• Monitor visitor access.
• Assist the Associate Director of Performing Rights in an ongoing project which involves locating writers and publishers whose contact information is no longer valid.
• Research using various internal tools, including but not limited to the BMI participant database and email, as well as external tools.
• Tracking and producing progress reports.
• Assist other BMI departments with special projects.
• High school diploma or GED
• Prior experience working as a front desk receptionist in a media/entertainment company preferred
• Pleasant personality and professional appearance.
• Knowledge of music industry a plus.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Proven record of excellent attendance and punctuality.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel.
• Experience working with and maintaining database systems and reports.
• Ability to learn information regarding the company, its history or other information that the general public may request.
At least 1 year experience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqomqz-18-205-192-201-42 in your application.
We are BMI (Broadcast Music, Inc.), a global leader in music rights management, serving as an advocate for the value of music.