Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will support our eSports division with their forecast and annual budgeting processes. In addition, this person will provide financial strategic support to management including preparing financial presentations, financial analysis, and other projects requested by management.
This role is anticipated to be assigned to work fully on-site at an Activision Blizzard office.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Prepare forecasts, annual budgets, cost trackers, and long-range plans.
• Monitor performance indicators, highlight trends, and analyze causes of unexpected variance.
• Prepare and analyze financial and operating reports including, but not limited to, operating statements, forecasts, variance analysis, and budget data including revenue
• Perform month/quarter/annual close activities which include analyzing accounts, making journal entries, performing account reconciliations, preparing reports and financial statements, and resolving issues as needed
• Assist in the development and production of dashboard reports, providing regular updates on YTD, QTD, and MTD performance to management
• Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, expenses, and capital expenditures
• You will support the management team and department heads with ad hoc analysis, reporting, and special projects as needed
• Assist in preparing presentations and supporting materials for management
• Additional departmental duties as needed and assigned, of which the above are representative
• You will help streamline procedures and improve system efficiencies
• Bachelor's degree in finance, information systems, business, accounting or related areas
• 3+ years finance experience, preferably at a publicly traded tech, media or other related company
• The highest standards of accuracy and attention to detail in a dynamic, multitasking environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills at coordinating and consolidating inputs across multiple functions
• Validated ability to roll up sleeves and work in a hands-on capacity
• Teammate capable of communicating and collaborating across global and cross-functional partners
• Knowledge of general accounting and financial planning
• Experience with a major enterprise resource planning software, such as Oracle, SAP, NetSuite or Dynamics
• Able to vary work hours as needed to collaborate with global teammates
• Able to work independently, with limited direction
• Advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience with Hyperion and Essbase
• Experience with Tableau or Power BI
• Interest in emerging products
• Experience in eSports and video games
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
• Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
• 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
• Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
• Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
• If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.
In the US, the standard base pay range for this role is $72,720.00 - $134,460.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the US and is not applicable to locations outside of the US Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn5jzm-44-200-112-172-42 in your application.