Strategist, Social Programming - Gaming
New York, NY
Bleacher Report is seeking a Strategist to be responsible for overseeing the creation of innovative and engaging original social content for B/R Gaming. They will specifically lead outreach to creators, influencers and talent in the space to partner on original content experiences that align with Gaming strategy.
They will meaningfully contribute to Gaming strategy on creation, curation, and packaging, and serve as strategic manager to shared-resource teams that execute their vision, which includes both the B/R Gaming and ELEAGUE brands.
We are looking for someone with a passion pushing the boundaries of new content experiences and who gets excited about video game culture.
The Strategist will work cross-functionally, collaborating with the content, design, sales and marketing, business development and leadership group on key initiatives and alongside partners in the Gaming industry.
• Help meaningfully move forward B/R Gaming's content innovation by ideating and executing forward-thinking concepts with third-party creators and producers
• Conduct outreach to creators in the space, developing relationships and working on one-off and ongoing partnerships to create innovative content experiences
• Work closely with app, social and content stakeholders to identify key gaming topics, events on the calendar, and white-space opportunities to build innovative content experiences around
• Develop content experiences that will drive audience interaction with a focus on community
• Manage and oversee a content budget to work with third-party creators and influencers to create content experiences that align with the B/R Gaming strategy
• Develop elevated content experiences to anchor coverage around key tentpoles
• Focus on innovation and ground-breaking content experiences to position B/R Gaming and ELEAGUE creative leaders in video game culture
• Evaluate and experiment on all new social platforms and app functionality and educate others on the priorities and opportunities
• Influence and mentor staff, inspiring a creative culture of innovation
• Provide support and pathways to nurture and grow existing talent and maintain the highest quality of work
• Lead cross-departmental transparency and collaboratio
• Embody a group that prides itself on camaraderie associated with ''best in class''
• 3-5 years experience in digital media, social media, content creation or curation preferred
• Extensive knowledge of video games, competitive gaming, and gaming culture
• Extensive knowledge of best-in-class visual, creative and social formats, software, and opportunities
• Extensive knowledge of all social platforms, functionality and audience growth best practices
• Experience with project management and working with remote creators on deadline-oriented projects
• Experience with analytics platforms preferred
• Experience in leading small teams and/or projects/events
• Deep understanding of current media and digital content space
• Previous editorial, design, content or social media experience in video games is preferred
• Awareness of Bleacher Report's voice + extensive knowledge of internet video game culture
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gke3o8-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.