WarnerMedia seeks a Strategist, B/R Gaming App Programming for the BR – Gaming department. Bleacher Report is seeking a Strategist to be responsible for the day-to-day management and content strategy for B/R Gaming within B/R's App. They will specifically lead B/R Gaming's app strategy on curation, hook writing and content packaging, as well as serve as direct manager and mentor to a shared team of programmers.
The Strategist, App Programming will meaningfully contribute to gaming strategy on creation, curation, and packaging, and serve as strategic manager to shared-resource teams that execute their vision, which includes both the B/R Gaming and ELEAGUE brands.
We are looking for someone with a passion for driving audience growth and engagement, pushing the boundaries of new content experiences and who gets excited about video game culture and communities.
The Strategist will work cross-functionally, collaborating with the content, design, sales and marketing, business development and leadership group on key initiatives and alongside partners in the gaming industry.
• Help run the day-to-day management of Gaming across B/R's App (app push notifications, content packaging, event planning, community building) around B/R Gaming and ELEAGUE
• Specifically develop and lead app strategy on content packaging, hook writing, RSS and automation around gaming
• Develop strategy to increase engagement and grow audience within the app and across social platforms with a focus on interactivity and user-generated content
• Help meaningfully move forward Gaming's content innovation by ideating and executing forward-thinking concepts with third-party creators and producers
• Work closely with cross-departmental stakeholders to identify key gaming topics, events on the calendar, and white-space opportunities to build innovative content experiences around
• Utilize analytics and platform tools to track and optimize growth and engagement
• Cover shift work as needed, especially around key tentpoles for the brand.
• Set app content programming strategy, priorities, policies, and holistic vision for the creation and distribution of Gaming content within the B/R app
• Focus on audience growth and increased interactivity and work closely with other stakeholders on test-and-learn strategies and analytics evaluation
• Contribute to developing elevated content experiences to anchor coverage around key tentpoles
• Evaluate and experiment app functionality and educate others on the priorities and opportunities
• Influence and mentor staff, inspiring a creative culture of innovation
• Provide support and pathways to nurture and grow existing talent and maintain the highest quality of work
• Lead cross-departmental transparency and collaboration
• Embody a group that prides itself on camaraderie associated with ''best in class''
• This role may require the employee to regularly appear on-camera or have their voice used on video as needed (as mutually agreed upon)
• 3-5 years of experience in digital media, social media, content creation or curation preferred
• Extensive knowledge of video games, competitive gaming, and gaming culture
• Extensive knowledge of all social platforms, functionality and audience growth best practices
• Experience with project management and working with remote creators on deadline-oriented projects
• Experience with analytics platforms preferred
• Experience in leading small teams and/or projects/events
• Deep understanding of current media and digital content space
• Previous experience, understanding of newsletters is preferred
• Awareness of Bleacher Report's voice + extensive knowledge of internet video game culture
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71y29-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.