Redwood City, CA
As EA's Vice President of Strategy and Operations for Bioware, Maxis, Motive and Full Circle, reporting to our SVP and Group GM, you will create partnerships with Studio GMs and Dir of Ops, evolve the central development services into an promoting function and division, form connections/relationships with leaders across EA and work with internal groups such as Marketing, Publishing and multiple Technology Partners.
You will ensure that each of these organizations work with multiple partners to create the long term creative growth of EA, while operating within its financial plan. You will have a central role in evaluating how new technology can ensure business opportunities and encourage innovation. You are accomplished in inspiring while explaining current and future needs over multiple divisions. You will translate each dispersed team needs and create applicable outcomes to achieve success. You have a mix of business, technical, and managerial expertise from the Console, Mobile, User Generated Content and Live services arenas.
• Guide transformative strategic plans across each business, including development best practices that yield efficiency and predictability and promoting ideas to accelerate transformation
• Lead 3-year strategic planning process which consists of a production plan by studio, location strategy and high level resource plan to bridge all the development worlds.
• Expertise and strategic vision in the area of Console game development, PC, Mobile and live services
• Lead special projects demonstrating expertise in strategic and complex negotiations and integrations, for activities including acquisitions, reorganizations and licensing related strategic opportunities
• Partner with central functions in Marketing, Publishing and technology to monitor service level agreements for our four divisions
• We are looking for someone who lives and breathes games, has a strong mix of business and people leadership exposure from the technology industry, and experience with delivery.
• 7 years' experience shipping great products and 3 years as a Vice President of Operations or similar role within technology
• Preferred experience in PC, Mobile or HD/Console development best practices, a passion toward games with expertise around KPI's, analytics and business
• Experience managing a significant and global organization working toward deadlines
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.