Technical Designer (Temporary)
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA's network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
• Work under a Senior Technical Designer direction to create reusable content pieces used by our Design team to create mission content.
• Develop high-quality content experiences and tools for the design teams.
• Communicate requests and issues to the Technical Design team.
• Communicate with the Design team on best practices using Technical Design assets and their status.
• Work with all other departments on design needs with a focus on support with multiple programming, art, audio, and animation departments.
• Work with production on scheduling and identify dependencies.
• Work with other Technical Designers on best practices and training materials for the Design teams.
• You will report to the Principal Technical Designer.
• Some experience as a Technical Designer on game projects.
• Demonstrate an understanding of design principles and the workflows needed to achieve them.
• Experience working with logic structures with a focus on reuse and modularity.
• Experience working with visual scripting languages such as Unreal Blueprint.
• Working knowledge of standard industry game engines and design toolsets.
• Experience with action and RPG gameplay mechanics.
• Some experience with a scripting language or coding language.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjvmq2-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.