At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA's network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
• Work with our concept artists character artists, animators, and other technical animators to produce industry-leading characters, creatures, and mechanical props for BioWare.
• Work with our programmers and animators to implement run-time procedural animation solutions for deformation, physics, and facial animation.
• Author animation tools, rigging solutions, and workflows for captured and hand-keyed animation.
• Debug and support animation systems and tools.
• You will report to the Lead Technical Animator.
• 6+ years of experience in the industry.
• Experience leading small to medium teams to success.
• Experience with animation principles, anatomy, and deformation.
• Proficient in standard industry tools such as Autodesk Maya.
• Experience with motion capture and retargeting.
• Experience working with procedural rigging systems.
• Experience with tools and plugin development (python or C++).
• Experience working with external art vendors.
• Demonstrate a commitment to projects and assigned tasks.
• All submissions must include a strong portfolio showing personal and'/or professional artwork
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.