SENIOR CREATIVE WRITER, MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS, BIOWARE AND MORE
EA's Marcom Creative team defines the creative ideas that underpin our campaigns and consumer-facing brand behaviors. As a part of a global group of creatives, strategists, technologists, and producers we work in close collaboration with our studio and brand partners to define the steel threads that guide campaigns and consumer-facing content across our franchises. This involves creative engagement from inception to execution; including franchise & brand foundations, campaign narratives, content planning, creative platforms and creative execution and direction for our assets and activations. We use both left brain and right brain thinking to boldly chase the next insight or breakthrough creative idea to progress marketing in our industry and beyond.
As a Senior Creative, you will report to the Creative Director, and partner with the creative team as well as Studio, Brand, Marcom Strategy, Production, Communications and cross-functional teams.
BioWare develops console and PC games focused on rich story telling; unforgettable characters, and vast worlds to discover. Since 1995, BioWare has created some of the gaming industry's most acclaimed gaming brands including Baldur's Gate™, Neverwinter Nights™, Star Wars ™: Knights of the Old Republic™, Jade Empire™, Mass Effect™, Dragon Age™, Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™, and is developing multiple games for future release.
YOU SHOULD APPLY FOR THIS JOB IF:
• You love writing and creating big integrated ideas, headlines, short scripts, long scripts (2-5 min) and you are even passionate about that small section of body copy that no one else notices.
• You are interested in creativity, marketing, communication and brand building.
• You believe that 'collaboration' isn't a buzzword, it's the only way to get to brilliant and insightful work.
• You are curious, inquisitive and love creative problem solving.
• You know that great ideas come from anywhere and you have the stories and experiences to prove it.
• You excel in an environment where creativity is often fluid and reactive
• You love stories in all their shapes and sizes: big stories that unfold over years and little stories that happen in seconds.
• You never put your ego first.
• Consistently delivering big creative integrated ideas, original scripts and creative marketing executions that are on strategy and creatively excellent
• Pitch creative work through the lens of insights, both business and cultural. You should be able to communicate why an idea is right for this audience, at this time and in this place.
• Direct voice actors, external production partners, and composers with clear and actionable creative direction.
• Work closely with marcom strategy, brand marketing and channel intelligence to develop and refine ideas based on insights and strategies.
• Collaborate with our channel teams to develop and support creative on their platforms.
• 4+ years as a writer within a creative ad agency, production/content company, entertainment brand or as a screenwriter.
• Proven experience writing A storyteller: an understanding of cohesive narrative across everything from a presentation to a pithy end-line to a piece of content
• A creator: you drive creativity that inspires breakthrough activations and content across a variety of media
• Insights: an ability to turn insights into breakthrough ideas.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d92jxz-34-236-192-4-42 in your application.