BioWare creates games focused on rich stories, unforgettable characters and vast worlds. It operates primarily out of Edmonton (Alberta, CAN) and Austin (Texas, USA) creating some of the world's most critically acclaimed titles since 1995. The studio is currently working on future game experiences for the Mass Effect™ franchise, one of the highest rated video game series of all time, and the Dragon Age™ franchise, whose latest entry was the 2014 Game of the Year. We are also working on announced projects Star Wars™ The Old Republic™, a story-driven massively multiplayer online game, and Anthem™, a co-operative Action-RPG set in a new and mysterious world.
• You will:
• Create different unique and well-designed concepts for the project, including creative designs for creatures, characters, outfits, environments, props, weapons, and vehicles.
• Work with art and design partners throughout the concept process
• Design original concepts that fit within the established Star Wars style
• Take concepts through the full process: from ideation sketches, incorporating feedback and to final art
• Provide in-depth research, reference material, and develop conceptual ideas
• Craft storyboards and paint overs that illustrate cinematic moments and gameplay
• Create key art and promotional images
• Help maintain the concept team's schedule
• Work with outsourcing concept team, compiling and providing task packets, and direction in the form of paint-overs, verbal, and written feedback to vendors
• 5+ years' experience as a Concept Artist. Experience in game development is ideal.
• Technical skills in 2D and 3D pipelines and tools
• A broad knowledge of composition, perspective, colour theory, anatomy, real-world materials, and lighting.
• Ability to design and illustrate everything from characters to environments to mechanical designs and more
• Ability to provide training and mentorship to less experienced concept artists
• All submissions must include a portfolio showing personal or professional artwork. Portfolio must be attached via a link on the resume.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re40b8-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.