BioWare creates games focused on rich stories, unforgettable characters and vast worlds. It operates primarily out of Edmonton (Alberta, CAN) and Austin (Texas, USA) creating some of the world's most critically acclaimed titles since 1995. The studio is working on future game experiences for the Mass Effect™ franchise, one of the highest rated video game series of all time, and the Dragon Age™ franchise, whose latest entry was the 2014 Game of the Year. We are also working on announced projects Star Wars™ The Old Republic™, a story-driven massively multiplayer online game, and Anthem™, a co-operative Action-RPG set in a new and mysterious world.
• You will:
• Develop cinematic animation using mocap, pcap, keyframe and in engine tools
• Partner with and provide feedback to a variety of external vendors to create the highest quality animation in the industry
• Collaborate with writing, story art, character art, level design, lighting, VFX, audio, programming, and production
• 5+ years of related industry experience
• A diploma or degree in Fine Arts, Animation, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience.
• Traditional animation skills and the ability to apply them to cinematic systems
• Facial animation experience with performance capture
• Understanding of the Facial Action Coding System (FACS)
• Experience working with external art vendors
• High level of proficiency in Maya or MotionBuilder
• Familiarity with branching dialogue and RPG interaction mechanics.
• Passion for story-driven RPGs, and pen & paper games.
• Familiarity with one or more game engine cinematic tools.
• All submissions must include a demo reel showing personal or professional artwork.
• Demo reel must be submitted as a link on resume.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9xv8k-44-192-94-86-42 in your application.