BioWare creates games focused on rich stories, unforgettable characters and vast worlds. It operates primarily out of Edmonton (Alberta, CAN) and Austin (Texas, USA) creating some of the world's most critically acclaimed titles since 1995. The studio is working on future game experiences for the Mass Effect™ franchise, one of the highest rated video game series of all time, and the Dragon Age™ franchise, whose latest entry was the 2014 Game of the Year. We are also working on announced projects Star Wars™ The Old Republic™, a story-driven massively multiplayer online game, and Anthem™, a co-operative Action-RPG set in a new and mysterious world.
• You will:
• Model and texture hard surface items such as weapons, vehicles, decorations and more
• Take items from concept to completion including design, animation and visual effects
• Work with concept art to create high poly and low poly models, textures and materials
• Take finished game ready models and integrate them into the game engine, often applying animation and visual effects in-game
• Work with the guidance of the MTX Art Director, as you partner with the monetization team delivering high profile assets to players.
• Participate in planning what items are made to be featured in the Cartel Market shop
• 3+ years experience of industry experience
• Experience creating real-time game engine assets
• Experience in Photoshop, Substance Painter, 3DS Max, Maya, After Effects.
• Visual effects experience a bonus.
• Experience in source control and organization of assets
• Knowledge of hard surface effects such as weathering, assembly of parts, believable construction
• Experience with mechanical animation, understanding of physics, weight and mass
• All submissions must include a portfolio showing personal or professional artwork. All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj94z0-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.