Programming - Technical Director (Engine)
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of excellent developers across EA's network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What the Franchise Technical Director will do at BioWare:
You will be the most senior engineering lead on the next instalment in BioWare's acclaimed Mass Effect franchise, and a contributing leader to BioWare studio strategy. You will report to the game director and partner with the other disciplines to build the technology and the programming team to achieve amazing player experiences.
Who You Are:
You have shipped multiple video game titles and understand game development through all phases. You can can build a technical vision, and build and inspire the programming team to achieve it. You want to help us achieve industry-leading games.
• Collaborate creatively with all disciplines to provide technology fulfilling the creative vision.
• Recruit and develop the best programming talent in the industry.
• Partner with leaders across BW and EA to use and improve common technical strategy.
• Experience developing and optimizing AAA multiplayer games on PC or console.
• Experience with multiple game domains (e.g. AI, Rendering, Tools, Online, and Animation…)
• 5+ years of professional multi-platform C++ experience and an understanding of software design principles.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent training and professional experience.
• Experience with UnrealEngine4+.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3xwqx-52-90-49-108-42 in your application.