Narrative Designer - Cinematics
Narrative Designer - Cinematics (Temporary) - BioWare
Narrative Designer - Cinematics (Temporary)
BioWare Austin is searching for a Narrative Designer to create interactive cinematic conversations that translate scripted scenes into engaging player experiences to join our Star Wars: The Old Republic team.
You will work with our Design team in close collaboration with our Writers, Level Designers, and other Narrative/Cinematic Designers to ensure our game's cinematics are presented in compelling, and immersive ways.
You will have experience working with cinematics and interactive narrative systems and have an eye for composition, pacing, staging, animation, and body language.
• You will script engaging interactive in-game conversations and cinematic moments.
• You will work within an existing animation library to create compelling action and emotionally motivated moments between characters.
• You will uphold established cinematic standards across the game and broader IP to maintain a design language.
• You will manage the scope and budget of assigned tasks to meet project deadlines without jeopardizing the player's experience.
• You will participate in reviews, stand-ups, playtests, and work across departments.
• You will report to the Creative Director on SWTOR.
• 3+ years of professional game design experience, or equivalent industry experience as a layout/previsualization artist.
• One or more shipped titles in a Cinematic, Animation, or Narrative Design capacity.
• Familiarity with one or more game engines' cinematic tools.
• Experience with cinematic language, frame composition, pacing, tone, and narrative structure.
• Work collaboratively, receive feedback, and constructively critique peers.
• The ability to liaison between writers, artists, designers.
• Experience working on other Live Service and Open World titles.
• Familiarity with branching dialogue and RPG interaction mechanics.
• Passion for BioWare games, story-driven RPGs, and pen & paper games.
• Experience playing Star Wars: The Old Republic and general familiarity with Star Wars and want to leave your mark on the galaxy.
• A reel of cinematic work from past projects. Shipped game titles.
• Examples of cinematics built with a game engine or comparable tool.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.