At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story.
Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA's network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
• Create high-quality lighting, atmospherics, skies, and color grades using the Frostbite engine and other tools, according to the agreed design and within the constraints of the target hardware and software. There is an emphasis on knowledge sharing between our different teams throughout EA's studios.
• Partner with our art, tech art, and engineering teams to develop next-gen lighting solutions into a production pipeline.
• Work with the design department to ensure that the lighting work supports gameplay goals.
• Work with creative leadership to support the art direction through the development of lighting direction.
• Create documentation for lighting guidelines and workflows.
• Troubleshoot technical issues associated with rendering and lighting performance, tools, and pipelines.
• Report to the Lead Lighting Artist.
• Expert-level knowledge of real-time lighting tools and techniques
• Degree or diploma in an art-related subject such as Visual Effects, Computer Animation, Film Production or Photography.
• Have shipped titles as a lighting artist with 5+ years experience in software game development and 8+ years overall lighting experience.
• Experience with rendering and compositing'/grading software (i.e. Nuke, Resolve).
• Experience with offline sky generation software (i.e. Terragen, VUE).
• Experience with both character and environment lighting.
• Knowledge of colour theory, composition, lighting principles, and visual shaping.
• All submissions must include a portfolio showing personal and professional artwork
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.