At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA's network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
BioWare's vision is to create, deliver, and evolve the most emotionally engaging games in the world.
BioWare develops high-quality console, PC, and online role-playing games focused on rich stories, unforgettable characters, and vast worlds to discover. Since 1995, BioWare has created some of the world's most critically acclaimed titles, including Baldur's Gate™, Neverwinter Nights™, Star Wars ™: Knights of the Old Republic™, Jade Empire™, Mass Effect™, and Dragon Age™. BioWare operates in Edmonton (Alberta, Canada), Montreal (Quebec, Canada), and Austin (Texas, United States). In 2008, BioWare was acquired by Electronic Arts, a leading global interactive entertainment publisher.
Currently announced projects at BioWare include the ongoing support of the Mass Effect franchise, one of the highest-rated video game series of all time, Dragon Age: Inquisition, the latest entry in the Dragon Age franchise, and Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™, a story-driven massively multiplayer online game.
BioWare Austin is seeking an Environment Artist to join the Star Wars™: The Old Republic team and deliver cutting edge visuals while retaining gameplay and exploration crafted by the world designers.
What the Environment Artist will do at BioWare Austin:
• Create exterior and interior environments for the game, including all world-building, propping, lighting and optimization
• Utilize your creativity in designing the spaces while maintaining the style of the game
• Collaborate with designers and writers to ensure gameplay spaces support story and gameplay requirements
• Stub and integrate assets for our external vendors
• Work as part of a team, under the direction of the Lead Environment Artist
Who You Are:
• Demonstrated ability to establish compelling environments
• Excellent sense of world building, including composition, propping and lighting
• Ability to work with a team, working with other team members to make sure environments support gameplay
• Ability to follow a golden standard area and apply that look to other areas of the environment
• Ability to create a golden standard area using conceptual reference
• Ability to own all aspects of a level taking it from block out to final polish
• Excellent creation and ability to tell a story through world-building
• You enjoy working on several different aspects of the game, from PVP levels to Flashpoints, Operations and Story areas
• 3ds Max, Maya and Photoshop skills
• ZBrush and Substance Painter and Substance Designer knowledge a plus
• Ability to work within performance guidelines
• A willingness to work in our highly collaborative and friendly environment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6p6pq-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.