At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA's network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
As a DevOps Support Engineer on the Quality Engineering team, you will be a part of helping the studio adopt different technology improving the way we work with that technology. The Quality Technology team at BioWare is a small team that has a large influence on several games in development. You will report to the Manager Engineering.
We need a capable generalist that is happy to ''jump in and learn'' as the technology we work on can range from full-stack web development, small-made for-purpose tools, big data solutions to working with AI. Your capabilities must encompass excellence in development practices, leading internal growth and develop sound technical plans that produce a meaningful impact on the business.
Join us for an opportunity to work with the best game development teams in the world.
• Integrate systems and tools into existing code bases and processes.
• Maintain tools, integration, and technologies to support a reliable environment.
• Provide for and support the technology that's aligned with our strategic goals.
• Understand standard software engineering processes and best practices for requirements, design, implementation and testing.
• Communicate with all company partners on goals and strategy.
What You Bring:
• A Computer Science Degree, Computer Engineering Degree, or equivalent.
• Familiarity with software quality assurance concepts, debugging processes, and Agile development methodology.
• You understand how to prioritize your work and how to highlight what will bring the most value to our partners while adapting plans when circumstances change.
• Work with customers with a diverse set of backgrounds and needs – able to speak their language, appreciate their challenges, and maintain their respect.
• Preferred knowledge of gaming consoles.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.