Development Manager (12-Month Contract)
BioWare creates games focused on rich stories, unforgettable characters and vast worlds. It operates primarily out of Edmonton (Alberta, CAN) and Austin (Texas, USA) creating some of the world's most critically acclaimed titles since 1995. The studio is currently working on future game experiences for the Mass Effect™ franchise, one of the highest rated video game series of all time, and the Dragon Age™ franchise, whose latest entry was the 2014 Game of the Year. We are also working on announced projects Star Wars™ The Old Republic™, a story-driven massively multiplayer online game, and Anthem™, a co-operative Action-RPG set in a new and mysterious world.
What you'll do at BioWare:
In this position as a Development Manager for the External Development team, you'll support multiple game teams by helping to coordinate content creation through a wide variety of external development partners. You'll be a part of a close-knit team of production staff and art & animation managers, while working closely with production partners from all of our game teams. You'll report into the External Development Lead.
• Assist in maintaining outsourcing budgets and schedules.
• Build relationships with our outsourcing partners, game teams, and EA partners.
• Help with onboarding, tracking, capacity planning, and prioritization of work.
• Keep the development team and external partners informed of project goals, schedule, and deliverables.
• Document, communicate, administer, and refine project processes. Identify opportunities for improvement, and work with your team to find creative solutions based on current standards in project management and the industry, and execute solutions with the team.
• At least 3+ years of industry experience.
• Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with a wide variety of people from different cultures, countries, time zones, and backgrounds.
• Well organized and proactive.
• Strong written and verbal communication.
• Experience working in a creative environment; games experience ideal but not necessary.
• Project management experience
• Familiarity with JIRA ideal
• Capable of managing your time independently and willing to attend occasional meetings with external partners outside regular work hours.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4zmj1-34-236-192-4-42 in your application.